Just played the most recent build and its still a goosebumpy little game experience :) the music gets me every time
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Originally created for the PLAY20 Game Jam.
Crossing the border with Anna went horribly wrong.
You are in the darkest night alone. Anna is gone. Light is rare. You need to explore your surroundings and map out the world to find and return safely with Anna. Drawing the borders of your mental map is vital to guide you through this world.
- Light up the map. To see further, shoot bright flares to push back the dark and see what's ahead. The world is full of hazards, be careful where you step!
- Draw on the map. No need for pen and paper, draw directly on the environment! Mark points of interest, possible paths - whatever you can make out during the precious seconds of flare light.
- Explore. The Border region is a big place. You have to find Anna before your flares run out and you are left on your own in the dark!
- Conserve. Your lantern oil is limited. Adjust the flame with your mousewheel to decide wether to see more, or for longer.
- Reach Home safely. Once you have found Anna, you still have to find your way back home! Can you retrace your steps?
- Adaptive Orchestral/Electronic Synthwave Soundtrack. Get immersed by a moody, synth-heavy soundtrack that adapts to the way you play.
Team Bentobox - Collective Game Design / Everything else
Bastian Clausdorff @ricecakejoe
Programming / Sound Implementation / Voice
Felix Barbarino xilef33
Music / Sound Design
Jan Niklas Rösch DeHagge
Programming / Programming / Programming
Jennifer Waldhausen jennifer-waldhausen
FX Animation / Copywriting / UI Design / 2D Art
Mathilde Hoffmann MathildeMusic
Sound Design / FX Systems
Philipp Jensen Visuwyg
Art Direction / 3D Art / UI Design / Copywriting
|Authors||Team Bentobox, Hinz Art, ricecakejoe, DeHagge, Jennifer Waldhausen, kr1stov, MathildeMusic, Felix Barbarino, Visuwyg|
|Made with||Blender, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Unity|
|Tags||3D, Dark, Forest, Singleplayer, Top-Down|
|Average session||About a half-hour|